Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My hobby

So I have two hobbies; scrapbooking and saving money. Last time I talked about my wedding album so this time it is to brag about my money savingness (I just made that a word.) In the course of two weeks, I have accumulated a lot of free things and have accumulated a lot of cheap, name brand products.
So James and Pebbles are just shocked at this deal. We got 5 boxes of cereal (all name brand cereal) for 2.35. which is 47 cents a box. I had several manufacturers coupons and 1 store coupon. This is a great promotion that is ending tonight at Albertsons. I then got 4 blocks of Kraft cheese and 1 package of Kraft Shredded Italian cheese for 4.00. What is pretty funny is I actually made 2.00 off of this promotion. So yesterday I went to Target and saw they had Kraft chese 2.00 for a block or bag so I used two 1.00 coupons and got them each for a 1.50. However, I realized that the Kraft Feeding America Promotion is still going on and I was able to print out another coupon using Jezika's printer and I got a Kraft cheese coupon from Target.com/coupons. So I took back the cheese that I had bought on Monday and expected to get $6.00 back because that is what I paid for it. However, the clerk wanted to give 8.00 since it was 8.00 for 4 blocks of cheese. However, I told the clerk that I had previously used coupons and that I should only gt 6.00 back. So she talked to the manager and because I was honest, I got an additional 2 dollars. I used that 2 dollars towards my Toys For Tots Fund. 


I got all of this stuff for 3.69. I got 2 free candles that was on clearance with a buy one get one free and a 1.50 off two candles.  Then, I got two candles and two sprays for 3.69 this week at Safeway. The promotion does end tonight. All of the dish detergent I got free from combining store deals, store coupons, and manufacturer computer.  I also got free Bio True contact solution from online. Also, I forgot to post this in the picture, but I got a bottle of Advil for free too using a coupon.





So I have had a great time saving money. I really find it fun looking for great deals for it be online deals or samples or even cutting coupons to make money on products. I also have found a lot of blessings in being honest. If I am undercharged, I always go back to the store. In all of my shopping endeavors, the store managers never ask for that money back. I one time got Tide Stain Reliever Packets for 1.49 (usually 8.99) because a clerk had incorrectly keyed in a coupon. I caught the mistake immediately and went to customer service and they thanked for my honesty and told me that I didn't need to pay the additional money (which was about 5 dollars.) Honesty pays!

I see on a lot of couponing blogs that some people even try to use expired coupons in order to get more money. I don't understand why people would purposely do that. I mean if you accidently try to use an expired coupon (which I almost did today) that is one thing. I caught it and just looked online for ten minutes for another Cimmanon Toast Crunch coupon.

Anyway, this is my hobby and I love it. Hopefully I will have enough time to continue couponing when I go back to school full time.

2 comments:

  1. In answer to your last sentence, nope!

    but I am proud of you for what you have done. I wish I had gotten those cheese deals, but between the hours of homework and the break downs I didn't get to go to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my inspiration! What a deal! I can't wait to start shopping again. (Really, I haven't gone real grocery shopping since we moved...you know why).

    ReplyDelete