Saturday, October 23, 2010

Its almost November

I can't believe that is almost November and that James will be a year old. I can't imagine how much time flies. Here are a couple things that just came to be recently.

I have just recently created our wedding album. Three years and no album. I really enjoyed doing it and I can't believe how much life can change in three years. Joe and I have been sealed in the temple and we are parents. That is possibly the biggest change in our life. James has brought so much joy and excitement in our lives. We never expected to be parents while we were in college and it has brought a lot of interesting conversations and what a professor called "a teachable moment." Maybe it isn't a good idea to bring him to school to study because he is the cutest distraction on the planet.

This brings me to another point; James is almost a year old. We recently were visited by the NICP nurse which is quite the controversial figure in our household. She sees him as a nine month old because that is why James should have been and for a nine month old he is off the charts in greatness. However, when you ask her how he is doing for an 11 month old, we are greeted with "yeah hes doing fine." So apparently our little boy doesn't clap and hasn't quite learned how to walk yet but let me tell you what he can do.
1. He can stand up on his own and appear to be dancing. He can also stand up in his crib when he is not happy and tries to motion you to pull him out of his crib.
2. James loves cheese and he gets it all over the place.
3. James can crawl around like his diaper is on fire. He is amazing at crawling around and getting to every place where I don't want him to go.
4. James like yogurt and cake. He doesn't get cake all that much.
5. James' laughs are contagious and always makes me and Joe smile.
6. James is an explorer. I wish I could know what he is thinking.
7. James loves the mornings and loves talk radio.
8. James grosses his legs when he sleeps. He is comfortable that way.
9. James does not like grocery shopping but then again neither does his daddy.
10. James looks adorable in just about anything>
11. James likes cats. It would be nice if cats liked him.
12. James is resilient despite a rough start.

I watched videos from him in the NICU and I have fallen in love with my little man all over again. I can't wait for Joe to come home from his field trip in San Diego because I want him to see all those videos that we took. Next week is the Trunk or Treat so it will be his first Halloween. He is going to be a flying monkey in training.

As we approach the holidays, I am looking forward to Black Friday Shopping, James' take on thanksgiving dinner, decorating for Christmas, Winterhaven, Zoolights, and the Mesa Temple Lights. Of course we will both have finals but I am sure we can celebrate around them.

Then after Christmas, we are going to Virginia.

Despite having a busy life, we have a great life.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like James is pretty much a normal almost-year-old. Can we go with you to Winterhaven, please?

    ReplyDelete